Fixed Fee Legal Costs Available
We offer free initial appointment for up to 30 minutes so that you can get preliminary legal advice of your options and decide if you wish to proceed with appointing us as your solicitors.
Apply for Divorce *Standard Application
- *$880 (standard application) plus outlays**
Already agreed with your ex? Then to do the Documents:
Consent Orders – Children or Property
- *$2,250 (starting from) plus outlays**
Consent orders – Children and Property
- *$2,650 (starting from) plus outlays **
Family Law Deferred Fees available (higher rates apply)
**plus Outlays and Disbursements which are the expenses that are incurred by us in the course of the matter. In a matter where we are advising on Consent Orders, disbursements normally include, amongst other things, payments made to third parties, for documents or services such as Superannuation Statements, title searches, Company Searches and PPSR searches, as well as any filing fees that might be payable to the Family Court of Australia or the Federal Circuit Court of Australia, for the filing of the Consent Orders
Please note that Transfer of Property incurs extra professional costs
Family Law – LEGAL AID – Costs
You may be eligible for Legal Aid assistance for your family law legal fees. We are Legal Aid providers and can lodge your application for assistance to Legal Aid. In some matters Legal Aid may require a small contribution from clients. This will be made known to you at the time your Legal Aid is approved
Wills, Powers of Attorneys & Advanced Health Directives
Our fixed fee (for professional fees) include personal appointment with you, document preparation and appointment for document review and signing of documents:
- CURRENT SPECIAL OFFER OF COST OF ONLY $150.00 PER DOCUMENT
Where necessary, Home or Nursing Home appointments are available in Hervey Bay area, at extra cost.
Deceased Estates & Administration
We accommodate Executors/Administrators who wish to attend to the estate administration themselves but it is necessary to obtain a-
- Grant of Probate in Queensland (is a will); or
- Letters of Administration (no will)
For attending to documents only and filing a Standard Probate Application (subject to our review) our fees start at:
- *$1,850 excluding disbursements** (outlined below)
For attending to documents only and filing Standard Letters of Administration Application(subject to our review) our fees start at:
- for applicants of a late child or partner a reduced fixed legal fee of *$1,850 (starting from) excluding disbursements **(outlined below); or
- for applicants of a late parent or otherwise *$2,050 (starting from) excluding disbursements** (outlined below) to address additional legislative procedure
*Please note that Transfer of Property incurs extra professional costs
*Estate Law Deferred Fees available (higher rates apply)
- Supreme Court filing fee – $682.80 (subject to change), Government Concession Card Holders may be eligible for a Reduced Filing Fee – $124.50
- Advertising (based on advertisement in the Queensland Law Reporter only) – Approximately $200.00
FEES & COSTS-
- We offer a fixed price conveyancing service for SALE of a house, unit or vacant land of just $750* ** for professional fees. *Plus searches. **Conditions apply, if we are required to do extra work (such as attending to requests -by either party- e.g. for extensions of dates for conditions or settlement) then the time to manage extra work involved we will charge at our usual hourly rate.
- We offer a fixed price conveyancing service for BUYING of a house, unit or vacant land for just $1,050* ** for professional fees.
*Plus searches. **Conditions apply, if we are required to do extra work (such as attending to requests -by either party- e.g. for extensions of dates for conditions or settlement) then the time to manage extra work involved we will charge at our usual hourly rate.
*Non-Standard/Complex Conveyancing assistance- extra costs apply
We only charge the actual cost of searches and clients pay the amount charged to us by the authority. We try to ensure that quotes for the specified searches are correct, however authorities may alter the cost of their searches without notifying us. Standard searches includes a title search; other optional searches and outlays as directed by you. For a complete list of searches contact one of our experienced staff who are more than willing to provide assistance.
Contact Us to arrange a consultation with one of our experienced lawyers
Some of the advantages of fixed fees include-
- You know up front exactly what your costs will be
- You can make realistic arrangements about how and when to pay your legal bills
- You will pay a fee that equals the value you and your lawyer place on the work to be done, not the time it may take
- Your lawyer has a real incentive to get the work done and achieve results – because that’s how they get paid
- You and your lawyer have the same goals and time frame – getting the matter resolved as quickly as possible
- You won’t get any nasty surprises in the mail at the end of each month telling you how many hours you have to pay for
- You won’t be charged for every minute your lawyer spends on the phone or every document that they copy or e-mail.
- You are charged only the agreed fee for the stage of work that is being done.
PLEASE NOTE: The above indication of costs are correct as at November 2020 and are subject to change at any time.
“Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation”