We practice in all areas of family law, including:
- Divorce and separation
- De facto relationships
- Property and financial settlements
- Children’s issues
- Child support agreements
We focus on settling disputes in the most amicable, efficient and affordable way, so we encourage our clients to explore all available options before proceeding to court.
We offer free initial appointment for Family Law matters up to 30 minutes, so that you can get preliminary legal advice
Family Law (including Legal Aid)
We can provide assistance for a range of matters relating to family law and de facto relationships- and with Court Representation if required
- We encourage you to consider Mediation regarding your Family Law issues and we are experienced to assist in mediaiton of your matter.
- Legal separation issues:
- Property & financial settlements
- Parenting plans/orders- for arrangements for children
- Family Mediation- children and/or property & financial issues
- Parental rights, and grandparent’s rights
- Domestic and family violence and apprehended violence orders
- Divorce in Australia including preparing and serving divorce papers
- Spousal maintenance
- Child support
Family Law Overview
Although each person’s story is unique, we have the extensive legal experience necessary to provide you with the right advice and best outcomes in all aspects of family law. Whatever your situation our team will have helped someone like you through it.
- Family law can be confusing and complicated. Our role as lawyers is to help you understand your legal rights, provide you with various options, and empower you to make informed decisions about your future, putting you back in control.
- We strive to keep you out of court where possible to achieve your best time and cost-effective results through mediation however we hold extensive experience in Court Representation if required
- Client focused and results driven. This means open and frequent communication between you and ourselves, so you will always know what’s going on throughout your case.
Domestic Violence Advocacy
The team at Law Results-Turner Riddell Lawyers is very experienced in this area of law.
In order to attain a Protection Order (Domestic Violence Order) in Queensland, the Court must be convinced of three elements: a relevant relationship exists; that domestic violence has occurred; and that an Order is necessary and/or desirable.
We are able to assist you in:
- Drafting and filing an Application for Protection Order
- Responding to an Application for Protection Order
- Negotiating with the other party in an Application
- Representing you in Court at mentions and also at Trial
- Making an urgent Application for Protection Order
If you are worried about your fees then do not forget that you may be eligible for Legal Aid funding.
You may be eligible for Legal Aid assistance for your legal fees. We are Legal Aid providers and can lodge your application for assistance to Legal Aid. In some matters Legal Aid may require a small contribution from clients. This will be made known to you at the time your Legal Aid is approved.
Fixed Fees Available
Apply for Divorce *Standard Application
- *$880 (standard application) plus outlays**
Already agreed with your ex? Then to do the Documents:
Consent Orders – Children or Property
- *$2,250 (starting from) plus outlays**
Consent orders – Children and Property
- *$2,650 (starting from) plus outlays **
Family Law Deferred Fees available (higher rates apply)
**plus Outlays and Disbursements which are the expenses that are incurred by us in the course of the matter. In a matter where we are advising on Consent Orders, disbursements normally include, amongst other things, payments made to third parties, for documents or services such as Superannuation Statements, title searches, Company Searches and PPSR searches, as well as any filing fees that might be payable to the Family Court of Australia or the Federal Circuit Court of Australia, for the filing of the Consent Orders
Please note that Transfer of Property incurs extra professional costs
Deferred fees available
Deferred fees are fees that are charged, but payment is deferred until the conclusion of the matter. This arrangement is ideally suited to family law property matters where the parties might have some assets but no available cash; and also useful where one party to the relationship controls all the assets and is excluding the other party.
Generally, at the settlement of the matter (or if during the conduct of the matter), funds become available through settlement payments or the sale of assets, which are used to pay the deferred fee.
The downside of the deferred fee arrangement is that higher document preparation costs and hourly rate is charged, as the firm ordinarily has to wait months, if not years, to get paid for the work that it is doing.
Security for payment is ordinarily required, which may be in the form of a right to caveat over property, or by way of a mortgage secured over a party’s share in the real estate.
If you are on a deferred fee retainer you might still be required to pay any of the upfront costs such as Court filing fees and property valuation fees.
If you are ready for practical, down to earth advice, contact us to arrange an initial consultation with Claire our Solicitor.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange an appointment.
“Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation”